It’s Sunday and time for our weekly Nordic News. We’re already half way through August (yikes!). Are you planning your wardrobe for fall yet? Or are you dancing away those last summer nights at a music festival? Read on for inspiration for both the music, fashion and interior decorating in your life now that it’s still kind of summer but you can feel the chilly fall winds around the corner.
– & Other Stories has released their latest campaign and not only does it look gorgeous but it also makes a stand for the transgender community. Read more about it and see the whole campaign here.
– Style.com lists five new Danish models who appeared on Copenhagen Fashion week to keep an eye on!
– This week saw Oslo Runway and you can read about our favorite designers here and see the cool street style looks we caught on the streets here!
– WhoWhatWear lists 18 fresh faces to know in the music industry, and Swedish sister duo Say Lou Lou is on it! If you haven’t heard their songs before we agree with WWW – you got to have a listen!
– Alicia Vikander went on Jimmy Kimmel and taught him how to dance “Små Grodorna” and how to celebrate and sing on a crayfish party! She also looked stunning in this editorial featured in InStyle’s August issue.
– The team behind the AfterDRK blog has asked Lisa Corneliusson (editor-in-chief of Space Matters) and Paulina Liffner (designer of Little Liffner) to share their favorite summer songs. Will you be listening to these beats for the rest of summer?
– This weekend is a real festival week in Finland and in Sweden. We have the Flow Festival in Helsinki and Way Out West in Gothenburg. To see pictures go to Instagram and look under the hashtags: #flowfestival and #wowgbg.
– Danish model Helena Christensen was featured in The Porter Magazine – read the highlights of the interview here and take a peek inside her house.
– This dreamy, minimalist Scandinavian apartment is full of inspiration!
Tags: Nordic fashion, Scandinavian fashion
Nanna is an aspirant Swedish speaking Finn from Helsinki, who is currently based in Stockholm. She studies journalism and fashion, speaks four languages and loves to learn. Her passions are all things sartorial, writing, photography and travelling. She also appreciates interior design, architecture, arts and books. With a love for the minimalistic Scandi style she takes life one day at a time, and is almost always found with a smile on her face.
Kiasma Commision by Kordelin – some great news for artists!…
Fashion weeks have begun and ended, the weather has warmed…
Christmas, dare I say it, is nearly here. Which means…