The first week of June has been buzzing with Nordic News when it comes to music, TV and design. And we’re here to make sure you don’t miss out on anything!
– Swedish popstar Zara Larsson has been skyrocketing in popularity and she has just released a new single called “Lush Life” accompanied by a music video. This song is perfect to dance to all night long this summer!
– A new fashion program called “Trendsætterne” will be launched on Danish TV3 this fall. Blogger and stylist Pernille Teisbæk will be the host for the show where the contestants will be young designers competing in making new outfits of second-hand clothes.
– This years’ nominees for the Formex Nova – Nordic Designer of the Year have been revealed. The winner among all the talented nominees will be announced on the 19th of August.
– British ELLE loves these Minna Parikka bunny sneakers just as much as we do on Nordic Style Magazine.
– Danish model Josephine Skriver has always been supporting LGBTQ-rights and this week she travelled all the way to Australia to talk about the subject. She’s also collaborated with i-D on an video where she talks about her childhood and life with gay parents and she also wrote a moving piece for the Huffington Post about the important matter she wants to educate people on.
– Yesterday, on the 6th of June, Sweden celebrated its National Day (“nationaldagen”) and there were blue and yellow flags all over the country.
Tags: nordic design, Nordic Music, nordic news, zara larsson
Nanna is an aspirant Swedish speaking Finn from Helsinki, who is currently based in Stockholm. She studies journalism and fashion, speaks four languages and loves to learn. Her passions are all things sartorial, writing, photography and travelling. She also appreciates interior design, architecture, arts and books. With a love for the minimalistic Scandi style she takes life one day at a time, and is almost always found with a smile on her face.
Flow Cosmetics, the Finnish natural cosmetics company, has taken natural…
NOMI is bringing a fresh breeze to online shopping, making…
Earlier this week, the Swedish Fashion Council decided to cancel…