It’s Sunday and that means it’s time to recharge our batteries for the week that’s already lurking around the corner. Therefore we offer you a collection of the past weeks’ Nordic News from all around the world wide web. Hope you enjoy!
– American actress Meryl Streep was spotted in New York wearing Finnish design. The colorful “Jumah” blazer is from the Finnish brand Samuji. See the picture here.
– Swedish top model Elsa Hosk was officially made a Victoria’s Secret Angel – see her happy announcement here and see the video announcement here.
– Danish fashion brand Bitte Kai Rand opened up a new store in Copenhagen on April 30th. The store is 300 square meters and it’s designed by architect Carl Kai Rand. According to Michael Rand, director of Bitte Kai Rand, they’ll also open a new store in Oslo already next month.
– Still curious about Design March? Read about some of the designers here or if you want to read further on ceramics and jewellery go here.
– Danish model Freja Beha Erichsen doesn’t have that chocolate brown shoulder length hair anymore. See her new cool hairdo for Vogue Paris here.
– Ann-Sofie Back is currently showing at an exhibition in central Stockholm, “Allt Ska Bort” / “Everything Must Go” is a fashion exhibition that you can actually shop. The exhibition will end on the 31st of May. Read more about it in Swedish here.
– Soo Joo Park visited Stockholm and Style.com gives you the cheat sheet to her minimal Scandi look here.
– In Helsinki, the Indiedays blog awards were held recently – see the stylish guests here.
Tags: nordic design, Nordic fashion, nordic news
Nanna is an aspirant Swedish speaking Finn from Helsinki, who is currently based in Stockholm. She studies journalism and fashion, speaks four languages and loves to learn. Her passions are all things sartorial, writing, photography and travelling. She also appreciates interior design, architecture, arts and books. With a love for the minimalistic Scandi style she takes life one day at a time, and is almost always found with a smile on her face.
Flow Cosmetics, the Finnish natural cosmetics company, has taken natural…
NOMI is bringing a fresh breeze to online shopping, making…
Earlier this week, the Swedish Fashion Council decided to cancel…